Flames of the Forest Aboriginal Cultural Experience - Tuesday and Thursday evenings - from $220.00 per person
Take a tour into the Port Douglas rainforest at night! Learn about Australia's oldest living people and continuous culture in the timeless and spiritual setting of the world's oldest living rainforest.
On Tuesday and Thursday evenings, connect with two local indigenous brothers whilst they share a piece of their remarkable culture with you, in a setting where they adventured as children.
Set in the traditional grounds of the Kuku Yalanji people, Flames of the Forest invites guests to connect with our country’s ancient people through storytelling, didgeridoo and song whilst immersed under the canopy of the rainforest. Through seating guests with others to create a world connection and blending contemporary food with an intimate, Indigenous performance, Flames of the Forest encourages guests to explore, through their mind, something new by way of the eyes of another.
This fully inclusive evening includes a cultural background, story telling, ever inspiring didgeridoo playing and mesmerizing, haunting song coupled with an abundant, locally sourced, seven dish plattered banquet served to shared tables of ten and a selection of wonderful wines.
The Flames of the Forest Aboriginal Cultural Experience is a must-do Port Douglas evening tour for anyone interested in the rich history of Indigenous culture, the rainforest, meeting new people and great Australian food! And as the evening is fully inclusive, you don't have to worry about bringing anything but an open mind with you on the coach! A unique alternative to a traditional Port Douglas restaurant.
Flames of the Forest is also proud to be one of Tourism Australia's Signature Experiences. The "Discover Aboriginal Experiences" collective is part of the wider Tourism Australia signature experiences - a program which packages and promotes Australia's outstanding tourism experiences within a range of niche and special interest categories. As a business we are honored to be part of this collective that introduces and promotes quality, authentic and Aboriginal guided tourism experiences. If you are interested in learning more about other Indigenous experiences you can have in our region, click here to begin your discovery!.
To learn more about other signature experiences including luxury lodges, great walks and ultimate winery experiences, click here!
Aboriginal Cultural Experience inclusions:
* Flaming arrival and candle lit forest
* Pre dinner drinks with sparkling wine and canapes
* Seven dish plattered banquet dinner served to your table seated under a magnificent, black, silk lined marquee highlighted by sparkling, hand made crystal chandeliers
* Australian sparkling wine, red and white wine, beer and soft drinks
* Aboriginal cultural performance by two brothers featuring storytelling, didgeridoo and song
* Shared tables of ten so you can enjoy the company of other intrepid travellers
* Return coach transfers from your hotel (self drive not available)
Adults: From Port Douglas $220.00 per person
From Cairns & Palm Cove $235.00 per person
Children: From Port Douglas $180.00 per person
From Cairns & Palm Cove $195.00 per person
* A child is considered 6 years to 16 years. Children under the age of 6 years are not catered for. Dietary requirements catered for with prior notice.
* The experience runs from 7.30pm - 10.30pm plus transfer time from your hotel
What can I say. We went last Thursday night and it was spectacular. Bob & I had no idea of what to expect. It just blew us away. From the moment we arrived to the end. The setting was breathtaking , food was delicious and the staff extremely friendly. We were on a table with a mix of French, English and Brazil and everybody had a great night. We thank you so much for this experience!